Diane Kruger (real name Diane Heidkrueger) was born on July 15, 1976 in Hildesheim, Germany. Diane Kruger Height : 5'7''/173 cm.
Biography and Career :
She started her career as a dancer in London when she was still young.
Diane Kruger moved to London at 11 years-old to study with the Royal Ballet, but a devastating knee injury at age 13 forced her to retire young. In 1992, Kruger won a national modeling competition and a contract with Elite, a top modeling agency.
Diane Kruger soon became a top fashion model in Germany, working for such industry heavies as Armani and Christian Dior. Then director Luc Besson convinced the young Kruger to move to Paris to pursue acting, which she did.
Diane Kruger made her film debut in "The Piano Player" (2002), st
arring Christopher Lambert and Dennis Hopper, and directed by Jean-Pierre Roux. The movie never saw a theatrical release, but did manage to find itself on video store shelves.
Diane Kruger then starred in "Mon Idole" (2002), helmed by her husband, French director Guillaume Canet ("The Beach"). In the black comedy about a Jerry Springer-like talk show host, Kruger played Clara, the wife of the show's producer who gets romantically involved with the host. Kruger then appeared in "Ni Pour Ni Contra" ("Not For or Against", 2003), directed by NYU grad Cedric Klapisch. Next Kruger had a starring role in "Michel Vaillant" (2003), a live-action take on a popular French comic strip from the 1950's.
Diane Kruger played Frani§oise in 2003's Michel Vaillant and Lisa in Wicker Park (2004), alongside Josh Hartnett. Her most notable role to date is her portrayal of Helen in Wolfgang Petersen's epic Troy.
In 2004, she starred with Nicholas Cage in the popular film National Treasure, going on to appear in movies such as Joyeux Noel (2005) and Copying Beethoven (2006). Kruger married French actor Guillaume Canet on September 1, 2001. They have since filed for divorce.
- "I would do anything for a part, nearly anything. Being in movies doesn't mean being pretty."
- "It was something strange for me, to kiss Orlando. I was so embarassed! It is not as fun as people think to shoot love scenes. You feel vulnerable, and there are about 100 people looking at you."
- "I'm a little bit worried about this sudden success. I am quite independent and I'm afraid that this privilege could escape from me."
- "Her beauty didn't do her any good and she couldn't use it in any positive way or manipulative way." - on Helen of Troy.
- Measurements: 33 1/2-23-34 1/2
- Had to gain 15 lbs for Troy (2004) because director Wolfgang Petersen wanted her to appear rounder. She has since lost the weight.
- Shares a birthday with philosopher Jacques Derrida, male model Travis Fimmel, and actors Brigitte Nielsen, Irene Jacob, Brian Austin Green and Scott Foley.
- Trained at the Ecole Florent and won the Classe Libre award for best actor in her year.
- People magazine included Diane in its annual 50 Most Beautiful People in the World issue, in 2004.
- Diane Kruger has a younger brother, Stefan.
- Modeled under her birth name, Diane Heidkrueger, in the mid to late-1990s.
- Originally a ballet dancer, but quit dancing due to an injury.
- Lives in Paris with her husband.
- German citizen.
- She speaks French.
Tag : British Actress